Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help you?
Brak wynikow wyszukiwania
- Pixelation, glitches and poor video quality
- What can I do to improve the quality of my video/recordings?
- My audio quality is bad. How can I improve it?
- How to enlarge the size of your view cam
- I have an echo in my video calls, how do I eliminate it?
- Why is the image on my camera mirrored?
- Is it possible to make attendees share their camera view during a webinar?
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture?
- How to achieve the green screen effect?
- I don’t have 30 fps recordings, is 12 fps enough for recording webinars?
- External storage/FTP
- Difference between Remote Desktop and Screen Sharing
- Is it possible to keep the Presenter's webcam visible while the "Slides" are showing?
- Can I use Screen Sharing on mobile devices?
- What are the recommended web browsers for Screen Sharing?
- Where can I find reviews of your product?
- Storage Management
- Limits on Presenter Roles
- What does the “10 Presenter” limit mean?
- Presenters and Screen Sharing
- What is the difference between Live Streaming and Broadcasting to Social Media?
- How can I customize my meetings with my logo / colors / fonts and backgrounds?
- What is included in White Label solution?
- What are the hardware and software requirements to host events on LiveWebinar?
- How much bandwidth do I need for hosting events in LiveWebinar?
We are in the middle of updating our support section, if you want to see all the frequently asked questions you can find them under this link
Audio & Video
What can I do to improve the quality of my video/recordings?
The quality of your recordings/videoes mainly depends on your recording equipment (camera and microphone) as well as the environment where you conduct the recordings (proper lightning etc...).
Another important factor that affects your video quality is the internet connection, e.g. using WiFi network may have packet loss or unstable connection at time where it may also affect the quality of the recorded material.