From merely a choice, Pandemic turned webinars into a must-have. For the same reason, according to the latest print on demand eCommerce stats, all things online have become more popular and higher in demand, including video conferencing. It seems that video conferencing is the most appropriate solution for working from home.
Video conferencing tools have become an everyday necessity as face-to-face meetings and conferences are often canceled. That’s why webinars are essential. But, more importantly, video conferencing has already proven to be a very effective and convenient method of organizing meetings at any time, anywhere, by allowing all team members with stable internet access to participate.
In addition to connecting with potential clients, hosting large meetings, coaching or training staff, and providing value to your users, webinars offer unique opportunities to express your brand. But what makes a great webinar? Fortunately, webinar statistics can be used to help you determine which day of the week is most suitable for invitations, when to start marketing, how to pick an appropriate date, and how to engage your audience.
The essential of webinar statistics 2022
Before hosting a webinar and generating leads for your business, webinar metrics are essential. As well as webinar topics, citing a webinar, webinar formats, and leads, it is also important to know the facts and figures related to it. That's why we compiled a list of video conferencing statistics that you may find interesting.
The following are some webinar statistics you should consider:
General statistics 2022
In the world of marketing, webinars are the new home run. With the advent of webinars, more marketers are generating qualified leads and engaging them. What is the reason? Webinars provide excellent value for users. That's why this is going to be a long-term relationship. But when it comes to webinars, we still don't know everything. So, let's take a look at some general statistics that we found on webinars for you!
- The webinar market is projected to reach $800 million by 2023 (Letter.ly).
- While only 41% of marketers have actually hosted or participated in a webinar, 83% found it an effective strategy (Wyzowl).
- 70% of marketers have integrated their webinar software with their CRM or marketing automation platform or both (Webinar Software).
- The best time to host a webinar is the time after the lunch hour (LiveWebinar).
- The goal for 60% of webinars is to turn leads into loyal customers (Webinar Software).
- Wednesday is the best day to run a webinar, with a response rate of 26%. While weekends only get a 1-2% response rate (LiveWebinar).
- Email is the most effective tool in webinar promotion (GoToWebinar).
- Over 70% of webinar marketers say that webinars are either highly effective or most effective (Webinar Software).
- 91% of webinar marketers in 2021 say they’ve been successful, which is a 10% increase from 2019 (Wyzowl).
- 78% of hosts use a designated webinar platform instead of a video platform like Vimeo or YouTube (Webinar Software).
Webinar statistics 2022
Webinars are very relevant today. A virtual event is becoming increasingly popular, especially with social distancing. It may be worth your while to participate, given their popularity. Throughout this post, we'll provide you with the most compelling statistics about webinars that make a strong case for using them in your marketing strategy.
As remote contact options increased, popularity for video conferencing and video calls tools also grew. Users can set up meetings easily and quickly from the comfort of their homes and invite other team members to join. There are numerous online tools available these days. Are they prevalent in your company? If not, check out these stats to make sure you need them:
- 85% of marketers, who use webinars as a marketing tool, say that webinars are crucial for their marketing efforts (Webinar Software).
- The most successful webinars start promotion at least 15 days in advance (ON24).
- The ideal length for a webinar is between 30 and 45 minutes. However, 44% of attendees prefer webinars to last 45 minutes, while 41% of attendees like webinars to last 30 (CloudInCome).
- 61% of webinars are hosted by B2B companies (CloudInCome).
- 78% of webinars have 50 or fewer attendees (Big Marker).
- 29% of the marketing webinars are from the technology & SaaS industry (Webinar Care).
- Around 40-50% of the webinar registrants will actually attend your webinars (Webinar Software).
- Polls are only used in 34% of webinars (CloudInCome).
- 67% of marketers in 2021 were increasing their investment in webinars (LinkedIn).
- Marketers say that webinars are cost-effective as they help lower the cost-per-lead and provide a positive ROI (ON24).
- 75% of marketers prefer to host live webinars, and immediate engagement is the main reason (Webinar Software).
- The average webinar conversion rate is 55% (Noisy Little Monkey).
- In the case of B2B webinars, 73% of the total attendees turn into lead generation (Webinar Care).
- In B2C webinars, the lead generation survey shows 20% to 40% (Webinar Care).
- 58% of B2B marketers use webinars as promotional tools (Content Marketing Institute).
- 57% of webinar registrations are made by email rather than other communication channels (Go to Webinar).
- 73% of B2B marketers said that webinars are the best way to generate high-quality leads (Zoominfo).
- 95% of respondents agreed that webinars were the key to their lead generation and marketing efforts (On24).
- Survey respondents rate webinar video integrations as a 7.8 in importance on a scale of 10 (ON24).
- 60-minute webinars attract more attendees than 30-minute webinars (WorkCast).
- Consumers report that the most engaging webinar format is a presentation that teaches them how to do something specific (HubSpot).
- 89% of hosts agreed that webinars are the best platform to showcase and grow their business (On24).
- 61% of marketers leverage webinars as part of their content strategy (Webinar Software).
- Companies save $11,000 annually per employee by using video conferencing software (Wainhouse).
- 43% of remote and in-house teams use a video conferencing tool (GetVoip).
- 78% of corporate companies use video calling software for team meetings (HR Technologist).
- 83% of businesses with over 250 employees are likely to purchase video calling tools (Commercial Integrator).
- 86% of companies conduct employee interviews over video calls (Gartner).
- 62% of companies use three or more video calling platforms (Forbes Insight).
- Video conferencing has reduced the need for business travel by 47% (GetVoip).
- Employees who worked remotely ten days per month saved about $350 a year in commuting costs (Dell).
- 45% of teams use video calling tools daily or weekly (GetVoip).
- 80% of employees use video calling for 1:1 meetings (Medium).
- 58% of webinar hosts use both live and on-demand webinar capture, meaning that people can replay their content after the event (CloudInCome).
- 57% of marketers run 50 webinars per year (99firms).
- 36% of webinar registrations occur from 8 AM to 10 AM (Cloud InCome).
- The best time to send your promo emails is midweek (CloudInCome).
Attendees statistics 2022
The behavior of people attending webinars has changed as well. Their involvement depends on the lecturer’s behavior, the ability to ask questions, and the tools they use. You can see it thanks to the statistics below:
- 32% of webinar attendees are only engaged when the host is passionate about the topic (BigMarker).
- 92% of webinar attendees say the end of your event must include a live Q&A session (Truelist).
- 44% of attendees prefer webinars to run no longer than 45 minutes (BigMarker).
- A 30-minute session is preferred by 41% of attendees (Webinar Software).
- 77% of attendees join video meetings on laptops or desktop computers, and 13% on tablets (MixNetworks).
- People are unlikely to attend more than one webinar per week (BigMarker).
- 24% of attendees register for a webinar 15+ days before the event (ON24).
- 25% of webinar attendees say they’ve watched a webinar on a mobile device (Webinar Software).
- Between 2% and 5% of webinar attendees will purchase an offer at the end of a webinar (CloudInCome).
- Viewers in 2020 watched three times more webinar content than they did in 2019 (ON24).
- 46% of webinar attendees register for skill improvement (Truelist).
Remote work statistics 2022
Coronavirus outbreaks and ensuing global lockdowns forced businesses of all sizes to relocate to remote work. In addition, many companies noticed the benefits of remote work, such as higher employee productivity and greater job satisfaction. See for yourself:
- 55% of companies allow remote working, with 16% being fully remote (Owl Labs).
- There was a 159% increase in remote work between 2005 and 2017 (FlexJobs).
- By 2022, remote work is expected to increase by 77% (GetVoip).
- From 2010-2020, there has been a 400% increase in the number of employees who work remotely at least once a week (GetApp).
- 77% of remote workers say they are more productive when working from home ( CoSo Cloud).
- 23% of remote workers are willing to work longer hours from home than in the office (CoSo Cloud).
- 83% of employees say that working from home would increase their job satisfaction (Velocity Global).
- 74% of employees say they are less likely to leave a company if it offers remote work (Owl Labs).
- 89% of remote employees feel more connected and involved with teams and projects when using video conferencing (Medium).
- 85% of managers believe that having teams with remote workers will become the new norm (FindStack).
Over to you
Now you know that webinars can have many long-term benefits. For example, they offer a cost-effective strategy for increasing brand awareness and building relationships with businesses and clients. Additionally, webinars are a very engaging way for lecturers and educators to share knowledge.
We have the best time for webinars. As the world slowly adapts to the new normal, more people will choose this type of interaction online, which will help drive the webinar industry revenue. All you need to do is to use such information and show yourself in the webinar world.